Obtaining a child passport with one parent absent can be straightforward. Here’s how:

  • Check eligibility: Ensure both parents have rights to apply, even if one is absent.
  • Complete Form DS-11: Fill out the necessary information. US State Department.
  • Notarized consent: The absent parent must fill out and notarize Form DS-3053, offering their consent.
  • Proof of relationship: Provide documentation like a birth certificate for the child.
  • Submit documents: Bring the completed forms, child’s photo, ID, and fees to your nearest passport acceptance facility.
  • Follow up: Track your application status through the State Department website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *